At NK Aesthetics Clinic a thorough medical consultation will be carried out prior to all treatments as well as an aftercare treatment plan.
Preparing for PRP treatment:
- Avoid the use of ibuprofen, aspirin or any blood thinners
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption 48 hours prior to treatment
Every individual reacts and heals differently after micro-needling & PRP treatment depending on various factors such as metabolism and lifestyle. Below is an aftercare advice plan for you to follow. If skin becomes painful, swollen, red or inflamed please notify clinic.
Post treatment aftercare:
- Avoid touching your face for the first few hours after treatment to prevent infection
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, hot bath or showers until redness is gone
- Wash with a gentle cleanser using fingertips only, gently massage face with lukewarm water. Remove serum and other debris such as dried blood. Do not scrub, use wash cloth or Clarisonic brush.
- Don’t apply makeup in the 24 hours following micro-needling & PRP
- Avoid strenuous activity for the first 48 hours post treatment
- As a general rule, you should apply sunscreen constantly for the first 2 weeks after micro-needling treatment & PRP
- Avoid prolonged periods of sun exposure for the first few weeks as your skin heals
- Avoid any skin care product that contains harsh chemicals meant to exfoliate until your skin returns to normal
- Avoid the use of glycolic acid or alpha hydroxy acids (AHA),
Retinol and vitamin C serum for at least 1 week post treatment, gradually start using these products and stop and take a break if you experience any irritation
Avoid waxing, facials, anti-wrinkle, injectable fillers or any other skin care routine for at least 2 weeks after micro-needling & PRP treatment